WritersParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WritersParadise

A forum for anyone who has a passion for the written word.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POV: Point of View

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
.::Brianna::.
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-02-17

POV: Point of View Empty
PostSubject: POV: Point of View   POV: Point of View Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 11:53 am

I've just been reading some tips on writing fiction and it got me thinking as to which POV [point of view] is the favoured view of other writers.

So which POV is everyone's favourite, or who finds a certain POV easier to write? Is it easier to write in a certain POV for a certain type of book eg short story novella novel or epic.

I'd love to hear peopl's view's on this subject.

Back to top Go down
https://writersparadise.niceboard.com
Insomniac
Insomniac

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: POV: Point of View   POV: Point of View Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 12:30 pm

It really depends for me. If it's a personal piece or one that deals with a troubled soul, I enjoy writing it in first person so that all the character's emotions are shown. On the other hand, I enjoy writing in third person the most, because it's much easier than first person. I think it's easier to write about the surrounding setting and characters much more easily in a third person story.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: POV: Point of View   POV: Point of View Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 12:34 pm

I barely ever write in first-person, even when it's a very personal piece. I just find that when I write in first-person the story is very limited and can turn out stunted.

However I do love writing in third person because it's a lot easier for me to describe the story through the character and what he/she is doing and viewing.

However my ultitmate favourite POV is Third-Person Omniscent which is basically third person but with the POV jumping from one character to the next. Normally every chapter is a different POV. Most writers write in this style. I dont normally change the POV from one character to another within the same chapter unless the story warrents it.

Back to top Go down
https://writersparadise.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POV: Point of View   POV: Point of View Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POV: Point of View
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WritersParadise :: Writing Issues :: Character Development-
Jump to: